16 Apr Drawing on Black Paper
I work from dark to light
I recently tried something new: “negative portraits”
I used black paper – which means that instead of going from light to dark, I worked from dark to light this time.
It was totally exciting, because I was almost only drawing the light, since the shadow was already there.
Here are my results: I’m particularly happy with Ian 🙂
Feel free to write me your thoughts and opinions in the comments!
Photo: Andy Gotts
Photo: Agata Serge
- Black paper
- Daler Rowney white soft pastel crayon
- Conté a Paris pastel pencils
- Faber-Castell Pitt Graphite Pure 9B
- Faber-Castell artist pastel white
- Faber-Castell Polychromos white